Saturday, October 22, 2011

Inspiration from the Blogosphere!

Today's project is perfect to share with the trick-or-treaters that will soon be knocking at our doors!!

Of course, you can easily adapt it for any occasion as well!

Treat Boxes

By Virginia Nebel

(Taken with permission from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog)

Are you ready for Halloween, are the decorations up, the costume preparations underway, the candies purchased? I think it is safe to say most kids love this tradition and as a paper crafter I love to play with funky bright colours like purple, orange, and green-- add in a spooky goblin or two and I’m back to being a kid in a candy store (or shall I say a kid in a craft room LOL).



I love inter-active projects and this spooky bowlful of treats invites you to pick up a treat box revealing Halloween memories on the back of the box. Both fun and functional, these treat boxes are large enough to hold real treats too. This project is really easy-peasy, here are the steps:

1.You will need a 4 x 12 inch piece cardstock. Score in the middle lengthwise at 6 inches. Rotate and notch along the 4 inch at the 2 inches (the halfway point). I have marked it in pencil in the photo. Repeat on the opposite end.
 


2. Line up the notch and the centre score-line. Score to connect the two points. Repeat for all sides and you should end up with a diamond shape scored out (in the photo I have marked the score lines lightly with a pencil for a better visual).


3. Fold along the diagonal lines, apply adhesive along two opposite edges. (Optional: place the treats in the centre). Fold up the box and press the sides together. You have just made a treat box. Punch a hole through the the top with a cropadile for a fun ribbon accent.




4. Have fun to decorating the one side with all your ghoulish embellies and place photos/journaling on the other side. Group them in a large bowl and let your kids rummage with delight remembering past Halloweens.
 


5. Here are a few spooky boxes I made, it’s hard to choose my favourite…I think I like the one with the ghost holding a pumpkin bag-so cute!



Supplies: Bazzill, WR Memory Keepers pattern paper, K&Co embellishments.

Hope you enjoyed this project, happy trick or treating!

1 comment:

Mimita said...

Oh wow, these are really cute!!! I love the format!! And I recognise my favourite ribbon for the tie!! I got mine at the Scrapping Turtle!!!!!!!!! Yippie!