Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Team Monday!

The Design Team is back for another reveal using the gorgeous new Lost & Found Two collections from My Mind's Eye!

Stamping is our technique for this month!! There is so much you can do with stamps and there are so many incredible stamps out there.

A lot of people associate stamps with cardmaking but we are here to show you that you can add the perfect touches to your layouts with them as well!
___________________________________________

Michele

I used Plum Cat's Eye Chalk ink with my Stamp (My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Two Collection) and I used it repetitively to create more texture and a bit of a frame for the vertical papers (see the word «BEAUTIFUL» here and there on the layout). It's a simple technique that can be quite efficient. You could create an entire frame on the background this way or even around your photo(s).

You can use any colour too. The colour you choose will either make it stand out or be more subtle on your layout.


Papers: My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Two Collection (Blush)
Inks: Plum Cat's Eye chalk ink and brown and white pens for the hand written text.
Ornaments: Glitter Chipboards, brads, buttons, paper banners and lace ribbon as well as a beautiful frame transparency (over the photo), are ALL from My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Two Collection, including the stamp!
________________________________

Tracey


The first technique I used was stamping then heat embossing on a button. You have to be careful when stamping because it is very easy to slide on a button.

Tip: When heat embossing, make sure you put a heat resistant tray or trivet down under your button. I learned that the hard way and have the scorch marks in my carpet to prove it. 
 

The second technique is combining stamping & die-cutting. I stamped this banner image then die cut it out.



 
For the third technique I stamped the heart image and then covered it in Glossy Accents.


Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Collection (Breeze)
Fancy Pants Filter Flower Embellishments
Glossy Accents
Seafoam White Embossing Powder
MFT Die-namics
Circle & Scalloped Circle Punches
__________________________________________

Virginia

Here is my take:


I used the My Minds Eye, Lost and Found 2 Rosy stamps and also Studio Calico letter stamps. I am NOT a stamper - it scares me! So for this challenge I stamped on white cardstock then trimmed out the shapes and incorporated into my layout:




You read it right - we're having another baby!

Supplies here are all My Minds Eye Lost and Found 2 Rosy with the exception of the ribbon which was leftover from a gift and the kraft which was a re-used paper bag. 
____________________________________

Julie

I used my stamps to make a border around the 12x12 edge of the page and also to make several embossed flowers on the page.





Products used:
My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 papers
My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 brads and stamps
Prima flowers coloured with Ranger Ink Stains
Miscellaneous gems


2 comments:

mn36 said...

beautiful! I'm another scrapper who's afraid to try stamping direct on my pretty paper. But since these all look so fantastic, I'm going to try it.

Mimita said...

Dear MaryAnn, just a little hint for you: sometimes it's hard to get the right colour to stand out on the paper, the easiest thing to do is to stamp on a piece of scrap paper before you stamp directly on your project. Also, if you make a mess by accident, you can always glue a text card or an ornament over it! Remember there is no mistake in scrapbooking!! =)

Happy Stamping!!!