I have a large family and with that comes many birthdays! I do pretty well but I just can never remember them all. Then, I saw this project over on the American Crafts blog. Such an awesome idea and definitely one I am going to try out for myself.
Mini Birthday Calendar
Supplies: Havana Paper (35435) - Margarita, Mariachi Paper (35440) - Margarita, Tamale Paper (35434) - Margarita, Guacamole Paper (35437) - Margarita, Printed Variety Tags (85521) - Bits, Printed Long Variety Tags (85553) - Bits, Macaw Taffy (53189) - Thickers, Retreat (42200) - Remarks, Getaway (78050) - Details
1) I first started by choosing four patterned papers out of the Margarita line. I printed out some blank calendars that I put together which you can download and print right here.
2) I cut all the calendar pieces and left a small white border.
3) Next, I cut the patterned paper pieces to 3.5x4.5".
4) Then I adhered the calendar piece towards the bottom half of the patterned paper.
5) I wanted to add a little tab at the top of the calendar pieces so I used some of the Bits variety tags and stapled them to the back of the patterned paper.
6) To finish up, I added some glitter Thickers that match the corresponding month.
7) Here they are all finished!
You could bind these with a jump ring, or sew them together, but I found something that fits them just perfectly. It is a box from Starbucks that holds those yummy cake pops. I only used the bottom portion. It fit the cards perfectly! I just added a few embellishments to finish it off.