Thursday, September 1, 2011

DT Special Assignment Day!

It's Thursday again and that means some inspiration from our fantastic Design Team!  Up this week is Cherie who is going to share some fabulous ideas on making your titlework really pop!
______________________________

Fun with Titles

By Cherie Nymeyer

We’re all looking to make our scrapbook layouts unique. Although there are many ways to do this, one of the easiest is to have fun with titles. From stamping, to stickers, to chipboard, to die cuts, the possibilities are endless and each provides its own unique outcome.

Chipboard letters have come a long way. You can literally get them in hundreds of fonts and sizes. Depending on the chipboard letters you choose, you can really make your layout stand out by simply adding a shape to your title like I did with the star below. You can even try replacing a letter like the “O” in soccer with a shape for an even more unique look.


One of my favourite types of mediums for titles on my pages is die cut letters. I use my Silhouette so much I would be lost without it. You can create title from any font you can download to your computer and cut it any size you want. If you’re not feeling overly creative, Silhouette offers thousands of pre-designed shapes and titles.


Another favourite of mine is stamping. I’m a self admitted stamp-a-holic and I love stamping my titles. It’s so easy to match up your title to your page this way simply by finding a font that matches the mood of your layout and an ink colour that goes with your paper. Both the “aka” and the “monkey” are alphabet stamps in the layout below.


Lastly, I created this layout using stickers for my title. This is getting back to basics and why not? It works! I am a hoarder of alpha stickers because in my mind, you can never have too many. For a fun look, you could even mix and match alphabet fonts and colours.

No comments: