Monday, September 19, 2011

Design Team Monday!

This week, the team is playing with their Crafter's Workshop templates.  If you remember, these are our Product of the Month and are 15% off for the remainder of September.

Virginia

For my technique I used the templates as a template for bling - but I was worried that with just the templates alone you wouldn't be able to tell that it was a leaf design so I first went over the templates with a bit of smooch mist in a colour that was very similar to my cardstock colour.


Supply list:
PP - Bo Bunny Forever Fall
Letter stickers - Sassafrass Lass
Stickers - Basic Grey
Bling - Kaiser
Embelishments - Bo Bunny, American Crafts
Washi Tape - American Crafts
________________________________

Michele

So what do you do with the Crafter's Workshop templates?

We are only showing a few examples here, if you use your imagination, you can get a LOT out of your templates!! In my example here, I wanted to emboss the beautiful swirls from my Capricious Crafter's Workshop template because I wanted them to stand out and to look luxurious. This wild turkey that was in our yard earlier in the season was such a majestic bird, I had never seen one this closely and I wanted to give it justice.

I did not have forest green embossing powder. No problem though because I have super thick CLEAR embossing powder so I used a forest green Cat Eye's pigment ink with the template and with the melted clear powder over it, it gave me exactly what I wanted. I liked it so much that I inked the outer edge of my background with the same dark green pigment ink and added the clear embossing powder to emboss that too!! I had fun!!

So remember, I have been saying this for months with several projects: stock up on white and clear items, they always help get you out of a bind when you don't have the right colour!!


Papers: Bo Bunny - Welcome Home Collection
Featuring the Crafter's Workshop template - Capricious
Inks: Copics for the photo frame, brown and white pigment ink pens for the text, forest green pigment ink for embossing with clear thick embossing powder
Ornaments: 4 Bo Bunny - Welcome Home collection Chipboards, alphabets, flowers and a brad, leaf and ribbon
________________________________

Julie

I used my Crafter's Workshop Template to create a background on black cardstock. I sprayed it with copper Glimmer Mist (it came out a bit uneven, but I kind of liked the look of it). Then I used a white gelly roll pen to draw some zentangles in a few of the diamonds. I also used the template to cut a few pieces of paper to add to the diamond pattern.


Products used:
Bo Bunny Father Christmas papers
Bo Bunny Father Christmas die cuts
Crafter's Workshop template - Harlequin
Ranger inks, white gelly roll pen and copper Glimmer Mist
Misc: black cardstock, ribbon, buttons 
__________________________________

Cherie

For my layout, I put the template down on my background in the upper left corner and lower right corner and inked over the template.




Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Blitzen
Letter Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Die Cut Letters: Quickutz Silhouette
Brad: Bo Bunny
Die Cuts: Bo Bunny & Jillibean Soup

No comments: