I found this fabulous tutorial and had to share it here. Kelly borrowed the idea from others and you can check out the links on her blog post. That's what this scrapping & blogging world is about, right?!?! Passing on the inspiration!
By Kelly Goree
Supplies: BasicGrey Small Rook Sampler, Picadilly and Out of Print papers, Stitched & Glazed Brads
Other: Uni-ball & Pentel Pens, Fiskars scallop scissors, Fiskars Scallop circle & heart punch.
Here's a close up of the flowers to let you really see how cute and in a minute how EASY they are to make!
1. Punch one circle base to hold the flower (size depends on the size you're making the flower. Here it was 1.5" and the scallop circles were 2") and eight scalloped circles.
2. Fold the scalloped circles into quarters.
3. Adhere four folded quarter circles around the base circle with scallops at the edge as shown.
4. Add more adhesive to this layer and add the remaining four folded circles on top of the first layer, off-set slightly for variety.
5. Punch hole in center of flower once layers are all added.
6. Add brad to center to secure the petals.
7. Gently separate the petal layers to add dimension to your flower and there you have it! Just right for embellishing your project!
Thanks to Kelly for the inspiration!