Saturday, November 19, 2011

Inspiration from the Blogosphere!

I came across this incredible mini album and it is so fabulous that I just had to share it here.  Julia created this for the Moxie Fab World column in the September/October issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.

Family of Hearts




I think the thing that I really loved about creating this album is that it’s of my family but also, it’s a quirky little album using playing cards and it is so small and cute. This album uses the Echo Park Paper Co. For the Record line and it makes it really easy for everything to coordinate.

Each card was chosen for a reason. The front cover card is a 7 for the number of people in our family.

Of course, my sweet hubby just had to be the king…
 

…and I’m his queen.


My oldest child, James, is the Jack.


My daughter comes next and as second child, she is on the 2 of hearts.


Next in line is of course, on the 3 of hearts.


And then comes number four.
 

I thought about using a 5 of heart for my last child but he’s such a little bundle of personality, I just had to make him the joker.
 


After creating my little album and covering the pages with papers, photos and embellishments, I punched holes with my Crop-a-dile and then bound it together with some clips from the office store.



Thanks to Julia for the inspiration!!

No comments: