Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DT Special Assignment Day!

Due to an extended visit at the cottage I am being with my Turtle blogging!  So sorry about that!  It was worth the rest & relaxation though!  ;)

Here is Virginia's Special Assignment for you.  Check out what she has to say about making your titles really pop off the page!

_________________________________________

I don't know about you but I often find myself partway through layout only to realize I've been so busy creating that I haven't left space for my title!

With this layout I added the title inside one of my design elements. It was easy to do and I think it really adds to the "cute" factor of this baby page.

Here's how:

I made a button heart and then added my title inside - I used a heart but you could re-create this with any shape and could go beyond buttons do do it with brad or other bling your page (brads, etc)


To re-create this on your next layout simply sketch the shape you want with a light pen or pencil and then go around the shape with glue (I used glossy accents) - I suggest laying everything out dry on your layout and making sure you're happy with the positioning before going around with glue and sticking everything down.

And that's it!

If you try this technique, we would love to see it so be sure to link up your projects here or load them up on the forum!

No comments: