Saturday, November 20, 2010

2nd Handmade Gift Idea for Christmas

Welcome to day of the DT's Holiday Gift Ideas. Today's project is brought to you by Vicki!

Today, I'm making vintage style gift tags.

Here's what I used:
a bunch of tags
Archival ink
a Christmas stamp
Distress ink
Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint
Craft mat

I stamped the image, then added Distress Ink to the background.


After, I painted on some Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint.
I used two coats but mine needed watering down and I think I made it too watery, so you may need only one coat. The tags will curl but flatten when dry.


Here's a close up of the crackle effect.


You can stop there, but I wanted to grunge it up a bit. So I sponged on some Vintage Photo Distress ink (can you tell I've had this ink forever?) and wiped it off with a paper towel. That leaves the ink in the cracks.


Here's the finished tag with some twine added.


Thanks for following along!!! I hope you will give it a try.



No comments: