Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Product Highlight - Micron Pens

This month with our Product Highlight we are focusing on JOURNALING!! I know for some this part of the hobby is tough but it is one of the most important. We not only want to preserve the pictures but we want to remember the stories and details to go along with those pictures! Whether you like to put your words right there on your layout for the world to see or you like to keep it private and put it on the back of your layout, these fabulous pens are the perfect tool to get the job done!!

These fine-tipped smooth pens are not just for journaling though. They are also the perfect tool for adding a little bit of doodling whimsy or faux-stitching to your project.

And, for the month of March they are 15% off. A perfect time to pick up a few!


Here's what the Design Team did with them......

Heather - These pens are fabulous!!!! I love how smooth they write. I love the fine tip -- great for journaling, doodling, adding a decorative touch, or using in a template. I wanted to try altering a canvas to showcase one way to use these pens. I used lots of mist to create my background, then used a butterfly template. The 05 micron pens were great for getting into the finer areas of the template. I used Hunter Green for the butterflies and added some colouring and doodling with the Burgundy pen. I added a stamped sentiment in the centre and some handcut butterflies to finish it off.


Marissa - I love the Micron pens. I have been using a black one for journaling for 5 years. it is still a wonderful, smooth marker. The ones I use have a finer tip, which I like. I was given the green (hunter) micron, with a tip of 0.5. A fine tip. This is one pen I don't mind spending a little bit more on. I know it is a good one, and it works for a LONG time.

Mellissa - I did a layout using these amazing Micro pens. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I doodled on the layout using the brown pen. I like how it turned out. These pens are very smooth!! Since these layouts are for my Niece's album, I will send her a pen to do the journaling herself.


Tracey - I love these pens. I have a bunch of them. It is rare that you see a layout of mine without them. I pretty much use them for all of my journaling and I am big on journaling on my pages.


Anne Marie - Well I have to admit I have never used one of these pens but wow they are sure smooth! I did some dots, lines straight and curvy, and wrote on the inside and just love the feel.


**Don't forget that we also have a DT Call going on now. Check out the post below for all of the details.**

No comments: