Friday, August 2, 2013

Special Announcement



In April 2004, I began Scrapping Turtle as an online store and never imagined in my wildest dreams the adventure that was about to begin!  I've met so many amazing people, hosted many crazy events, and helped preserve so many precious memories.  It seems that now almost 10 years later things are starting to come full circle.  It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that our lease is not being renewed and at this time I have decided not to look for another retail location.  We will be closing our retail location of Scrapping Turtle at the end of August, however, we will remain an online store and continue to carry the products that you love!  We will still continue to see you at events like ScrapFest, as well as hosting future events like cruises and crops/retreats. This has not been an easy decision to make, but I have come to realize that this may just be what is needed in order to simplify my life and refocus some of my attention on my son (who is growing entirely too fast) and my family.  I'm looking forward to this transition and the opportunities that lie ahead.  With all major changes, there is some sadness, but it has been utterly amazing and I'm choosing to focus on the positive, keep smiling and look forward to all the great things yet to come.  Like I said, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the adventure this business has taken me on, and I'm looking forward to continuing that adventure in a different capacity.  I do have to say THANK YOU to all of you who have been with me on this journey and have supported me.  I couldn't have done it without you and I look forward to continuing this journey with you.  I also can't forget to say THANK YOU to my staff, past and present, for everything they have done to make this business succeed.  Lori and Teresa have been with me almost from the very beginning and words cannot express how grateful I am. 

What this all means... Over the next 4 weeks we will be making the transition to be a full online only store again.  There are many products that we will be continuing to carry and we will be continuing to bring in new product that will be available in the retail store until the end of the month.  There will also be products that will be getting cleared out as well as some fixtures.  We will be marking these products and selling them at discounts according to a schedule. 

Markdown Schedule:
Monday, August 5th - Saturday, August 10th: 30% Off* select items
Sunday, August 11th - Saturday, August 17th: 40% Off* select items
Sunday, August 18th - Saturday, August 24th: 50% Off* select items
Sunday, August 25th - Saturday, August 31st: 60% Off* select items

Markdowns will NOT include all product in the store, only select items that we have decided upon.  All sales are final on markdown items.  Markdowns subject to change without notice.  Our regular return policy will still be in effect for regular priced purchases. 

Stamp Cards:  You can still earn turtle stamps on qualifying (regular priced purchases) as well as continue to redeem full cards until August 31, 2013.  Any unfinished stamp cards can be transferred to your online Scrapping Turtle Account!  Please speak with a staff member for details - this also must be done by August 31, 2013 and your card must be present and turned in to complete the transfer.  No exceptions.

Gift Certificates:  You may still use your gift certificates in the store through August 31, 2013.  Any unused amounts will be transferred to your online Scrapping Turtle Account!  Please speak with a staff member for details.

Birthday Cards: Our Birthday Card program will continue online starting in September. 

Special Orders:  We will continue to place special orders at the store through the month of August and online as well.  We will have a Special Order Request Form available on the website to ease the process, this should be available by September. 

Local Area Pickup: Local area pickup will still remain an option for orders placed online.  Further information will be available as the weeks progress.

Please be sure to register your account at Scrapping Turtle if you haven't already done so, it will be essential for transfers of stamp cards and gift certificates and the use of local area pickup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY VERY sorry you have to close.
We have only just discovered your store- and LOVE it!

Never second guess putting your family first.
You are obviously very talented and dedicated. You will succeed regardless of what you do :)

~miranda~