Monday, May 2, 2011

May Product of the Month


This month the team is playing with the new Fancy Pants Filter Paper Embellishments. This is our Product of the Month and for the entire month you can save $1.00 when you buy 2 packages.

The possibilities are endless with these!! They come in four different styles - scallop, floral, pinking edge, circle/scallop - and each package has three different sizes. You can spritz them, ink them, stitch them, journal on them or even leave them alone! They are the perfect finishing touch to any project!!

Check out what the team did with them......

Virginia - I used three of the paper filters on this page - I do love how they look misted, painted etc but for this layout they worked for me being just plain white.....I thought I'd be stuck when it came to how to use these but they are pretty versatile and I ended up using 3 of the filters in 3 different ways on this layout.

I used one as just a journallng block

The second I used to as a photo mat to highlight my photo against the patterned paper

The third I had the most fun with - I wanted to go with my "magical" theme on this page and make a magic wand...so I punched a clear piece of the packaging a bit smaller than the smallest filter with a round punch - then I filled it with glitter and flowers and sealed the edges with glossy accents - it's difficult to tell from the photo but the result was almost like a snow globe - the glitter and the flowers are "free" behind the clear circle

Supplies used:
Embellies - Bazzil - Just the edge in Cardstock
Flowers - Kaiser
Glitter - Pink Paislee
Filter Papers - Fancy Pants
Glitter Glue - Stickles
Letter Stickers - American Crafts Thickers

___________________________________________________

Cherie


Cardstock: Bazzill
Filter Paper: Fancy Pants
Stickers: Best Creations & Glitz Designs
Calendar Die Cut: Jillibean Soup
_________________________________________________

Jenn - I created this layout using the product of the month in the butterfly I created. I sprayed 3 filters with Smooch. Two of the filters created the wings by folding them in half and pinching just below the middle. I tied them with thread and adheared to the page. The third filter I rolled and adhered as the body of the butterfly.


Products Used:
Fancy Pants Paper Filters
Smooch - Citrus Tickle, Splash and Cherry Ice
Bazzill Half the Edge Cardstock Strips
Bazzill Cardstock
_______________________________________________

Julie - I spritzed the filter flower with Smooch and then stamped over it with Black StayzOn ink.


Fancy Pants filter paper flowers
Bazzill Basics Paper Half the Edge cardstock strips
Misc buttons and letters
Misc blue and yellow cardstock
_______________________________________

Michele - I first embossed 4 large half circles with an embossing folder and then I sprayed with Glimmer Mist, sprayed again with a second colour.

After that, I sewed the pieces together to creese and give dimension. I punched a circle in matching paper to my LO for the center of the flower and covered it with Glossy Accent. I added some «punch trimmings» (YES, I save that!! ), let dry a while and this is the result.

 Material Used:
Paper, Chipboard and Letter Stickers: Best Creations Bunny Love collection 
Fancy Pants Filter Papers
Sprinkle dust of Bazzill trimmings
Inks: Glimmer Mist: Sunflower and blue
Aqua pigment ink
Ornaments: brads, yellow and blue ribbon 
____________________________________________

And just for some added inspiration, here are some other examples that Julie created while playing around with the product......
Sprayed with glimmer mist, stamped and embossed with embossing powder


Stamped and embossed with embossing powder and then rubbed with inkpad to colour
 

Sprayed with glimmer mist and then embossed with embossing folder and highlighted with ink stamp


Stamped and embossed and fan folded
 

Now, go on and get your own so you can play too!!

No comments: