Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August Product Highlight - Smooch

Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink is an ink that is acid-free, archival and quick drying. It is perfect for adding accents on scrapbook layouts, cards, and other projects. Each container comes with a paintbrush like applicator with a precise tip built into the lid.



The fine tip is wonderful for coloring in stamped images, even those with small sections. It is very easy to use and to stay within the lines, even for a complicated image. Although the packaging looks like nail polish, the actual product is not thick like nail polish, and provides a thinner pearlized finish. The fine tip can also be used for adding freeform accents to scrapbook pages and cards.



Smooch Spritz is perfect for creating shimmering backgrounds on cardstock, chipboard, stencils and wood. Shake well before using. Smooch Spritz is designed to coordinate with ColorBox’s Smooch Accent Inks and is available in 8 colors.


This Spritz adds a soft and lovely iridescence to materials such as paper, cardstock, chipboard, wood, metal, glass, and fabric. These sprays can be used alone or with stencils to create unique patterned paper and designs. When applying these sprays, it is best to quickly spray from left to right from 6 to 10 inches away in order to avoid drops falling onto your project. Because they are water-based, the sprays will warp paper and cardstock a bit, so you might need to place your project under some heavy books for awhile, or iron it.



Information taken from Scrapbook.com



Shelley - I received the Smooch spray in the Cherry Ice colour, and it is yummy stuff. I cut out some Quickutz stars and used them as a mask to spray my background paper, after lifting the stars from the background paper I sprayed them a little more to darken them and used them on the layout.



Vicki - I received the Smooch Accent Ink in Molasses. Great to colour chipboard and fill in stamps. Love the slight shimmer and the opaque coverage.





Tanya - I received the Smooch accent ink in pumpkin. I decided to see what I could do with the smooch to add some fun to rubons.



Lizzie - just have to say... I LOVE SMOOCH SPRITZ!!!! it's so amazing! not only is it super fun to work with... but it sprays so easily! like with other sprays they can get clogged and it seems like it's hard to get them to spray right... but with the smooch they are smooth and easy to work with! i love it!!!


Heather - I spritzed the chipboard frame with the Gold Glow so that it could frame my sentiment. I then used the Accent Ink on the two flower embellies, to make centres on all the little flowers in my 'frame', and on the words (they were orange and I wanted them to be red, so I painted them). The brush is quite fine, which makes it easy to work with for small items such as going over the letters or the smaller areas of the flowers. I love the coverage you get too -- with just a minimal application you're highlighted the area or the original colour is completely hidden.


Don't forget that Smooch will be 15% off for the month of August.

No comments: