Monday, December 7, 2009

December Product Highlight - Maya Mists

This month we are focusing on Maya Mists from Maya Road. These are water-based pigments that are perfect for creating your own custom chipboard accents. You can go the simple route and mist some colour onto your chipboard and adhere as is to your project or use your chipboard accent as a mask to create different elements to your pages.

Or break out those Maya Mists to create your own patterned paper. They are simple to use by just spraying them on to create design.

Whatever way you want to use them, now is the perfect time to pick some up and get messy!! For the entire month of December, these bottles of colourful goodness will be 15% off. So stop in and get yours today.

Now, check out what the team has done with these....

Marissa - I worked on a canvas. I used a butterfly acrylic template, multiple Maya Mist colours and acrylic paints.

Virginia - I used an old chipboard package as a "mask" and then just did some journaling inside the spots. I think I got a little carried away with the amount of mist that I was putting on because I also think it looks nice when it's a bit spotty but I love how it shimmers!

Tracey - I was playing with the Pink Mist and used it to make my own custom embellishments. I sprayed it on white flowers to match them to my layout as well as on the KaiserCraft wood flourish.



Heather - I had so much fun working with the Maya Mist!!!! I cut out the Quickutz Trees border, then used the negative part as a mask. I sprayed with green Maya Mist to create the trees. Then I used the actual Trees borders so that it looks like the trees are shadowed or there are more trees behind them. I added some snow the trees with my white pen and used American Crafts Thickers for the title.



Mellissa - I made a card using Emerald Metallic Maya Mists. I cut out the tree, put it on the card and sprayed around it. I then cut another tree and popped it up on top of the other tree.



Anne Marie - I used purple for the masking and I used charcoal for the butterfly then added glitter on top of the butterfly. I also used both colors on the chipboard flowers.


Don't forget to check the post below for today's Deal of the Day!!

No comments: