Friday, December 4, 2009

December DT Sneak Peeks

WOW!! Can you believe December is here already?!?! Christmas is just around the corner. We are celebrating with our Christmas Countdown Deal of the Day so I hope you have all been checking it out and stocking up! Keep coming back each day to see what we have on offer.

A new month means a new Guest Design Team member as well. This month I am thrilled to welcome Virgina Gazzola to the team. Her work is incredible so be sure to check it out on the forum.


I am so happy to be the Guest Designer for the month of December with The Scrapping Turtle. I have always loved collecting photos, memorabilia etc but it wasn’t until April of this year that I really got hooked on scrapbooking. I visited the Turtle with my friend Joanna from work one day at lunch and the rest is history. Prior to that I was so overwhelmed every time I would go into a scrapbooking store – I knew I liked what I saw but didn’t know where to start. It was great to come into a store where I felt like I could be myself (and by that I mean ask a hundred questions).

Now I would say I’m starting to hit my scrapbooking stride – I love that scrapping is a release for me, a way to decompress from a busy day. At first I was so worried about what my page would look like once it was done but have since realized that it’s more about the process of enjoying creating and telling a story than worrying about every little detail and now some of my favourite pages are the ones that came together on their own without me worrying about a certain look or feel. Also when I look back on my past pages it’s the ones with journaling and stories that I love the most so now I try to journal at least a little bit on each page.


This month the team is working with various lines from KaiserCraft. All so different yet all fabulous!!

Heather - This month I am playing with the gorgeous Lilac Avenue Collection!!!!! This line is so beautiful. I love all of the double sided papers and the embellishments are fabulous!!! There are black and white rub ons, colour rub ons, die cut elements, alpha stickers, patches, inks, and brads that coordinate with the line.

Anne Marie - I got to play with the Rewind Collection!!!! Paper, Badges and Die Cut Elements. I also added ric rac, Bo Bunny buttons and letter stickers!


Marissa - This month I was so lucky to get Loire Valley paper, with the Badges and the Alpha Stickers. What I discovered when I got home was the Kaiser Craft Bling and flowers I had purchased (and not used) worked PERFECTLY with this line. As well Bazzill Red Tulle. Can you imagine my delight???


Tracey - This month I am playing with the super cute Child's Play collection. The colours in this are super fun for little ones and all of the extra bits in the collection are fabulous!!



Mellissa - This month I am playing with the yummy Belle line. This line comes with adorable embroidered badges, rub-ons, die cuts, brads and more. Check it out, you wont be disapointed.


Virginia - I had so much fun playing with the Christmas Carnival line. I used the Christmas Carnival PP, Epoxy Brads and coloured rub ons then mixed in some October Afternoon paper and mounted it all on the delish American Crafts glitter paper and used some Stickles.


Don't forget to stop by Turtle Soup on the 15th for a look at the full reveals! We also have December's Product Highlight coming on Monday and of course, more Deal of the Day fun (make sure to check the post below for today's Deal)!!

No comments: