Friday, April 4, 2008

Meet the Design Team (Part Two)

Jen Roach



Hi! My name is Jennifer and I live in Burlington, Ontario with my
husband of two and a half years.

I work full time in the pharmaceutical industry, which greatly cuts
into my scrapping time but it allows me the financial freedom to add
to my ever growing stash of supplies! Other than scrapbooking and
crafts, I'm addicted to tennis. In the summer months, I play in
competitive interclub leagues and recreationally at a local club or
two. I also enjoy cooking, gardening and watching movies. If that's
not enough I've been trying to improve my photography skills and learn
more about Photoshop.

I've been scrapbooking in some form or another since I was in high
school but really got "serious" about it about 4 to 5 years ago when
my mom and I took a class together at a local store. I've been
addicted ever since! I scrap primarily in the 12 x 12 format but have
completed layouts in several different sizes. I also love to make
altered items and I have a passion for card making.

I've been fortunate to have projects published in: Scrapbook and Cards
Today, Paper Crafts, Cards and Scrapbook Trends Magazines.

I think my scrapbooking style can be best be defined as "romantic" but
doing design work over the past few years has really pushed me to
experiment with many different styles. I think I adapt my style to
the photos or supplies that I'm working with.

I'm looking forward to sharing my passion for scrapbooking with all
the Turtles in the Pond!


Janie Boots



I started out scrapbooking almost 6 years ago, after the sudden passing of my mother. I wanted a way to pay tribute to her and let my younger children know about there grand mother, well as you can see it has snowballed from there. Scrapbookingis a form of therapy for me.
I really enjoy altering items as you can tell by some of the things I alter.

I am the mother of 5 boys ( yes 5) ranging in ages of 20 yrs old all the way down to 3 years old. I am married to my best friend. Sometimes I drive him nuts with my scrapbooking but it's ok he appreciates my work.. My boys are my inspiration so are my animals I have 4 cats and they are the best. I was born in Baltimore Maryland USA but was brought to Canada when I was 6 weeks old so I have dual citizenship. My husband is of German descent so it makes for a very interesting household. I also love to read the Harry Potter series is my favourite I have read them many times I have all the movies as well. I also love to draw black and white portraits and fantasy pictures, I have been doing that since I was 14 years old.

I like to think my style is eclectic with a bit of whimsy. I am very thankful for the opportunity to serve on the Design Team and I can wait.
I am very excited to be woking with this very talented bunch of ladies.

No comments: