Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meet the Design Team (Part One)

Kim Silva



I have always had a problem with my hobbies. I love to buy the supplies required for each one and once bought, those things I just HAD to have sit idle, unloved. Somehow after a trip to the Scrapping Turtle – my first time in a scrapbook store – I went through the motions, bought all kinds of paper, adhesive and brads. Something happened and this time, the hobby stuck. I guess it makes sense because I have always loved looking at pictures, especially old photos but now I can put glitter and junk on them!

I am a mom to two crazy kids, Gabriella (7) and Rui (almost 5) who keep us busy! My DD scraps with me all of the time and has even been to a class at the Turtle. My husband Dave, bless him, never asks “How much?” after I have been to the scrapbook store – and for that I am eternally grateful.

I work in marketing and communications in the insurance industry and work for a super-fun company in Waterloo, Ontario.

I love trying new techniques even when they don’t work out. And I find myself always looking for that new thing to try on my layouts and cards. Other than scrapping, my favourite pastime is reading. I love Jane Austen, Stephen King and totally inappropriate romance novels.

I am so pumped to be on the Design Team and am really grateful for the wonderful honour and opportunity!

Brenda Rowe



I started scrapbooking less than a year ago, thanks to the Turtle’s inspiration, although I’ll admit to being hooked on this amazing art for about 3 years now, collecting all the luscious papers and embellishments, and imagining what I would do with them. I love watching a layout come together – it’s like opening a present, little by little! My beautiful daughter, Tina, is 25 and is a constant source of inspiration for me, in so many ways.

I’ll always be a Newfie at heart, but I moved to Kitchener from Ottawa a little over a year ago to be with my fiance, Richie, after a two-year long distance romance. He’s an incredible man, and my biggest supporter. He lets me take the craziest pictures of him, too. I enjoy photography, and playing in Photoshop and Painter. I like to vary it up in my layouts and try different things, but I especially love distressed looks, flourishes and stamping. I really love using all my Quickutz tools, and exploring creative ways to use the die-cuts. I believe that I can only feel great when I’m scrapbooking, because I’m spending time with my most precious memories, so the opportunity to create for you all is going to be a joy!


Victoria Murray



When I discovered scrapbooking three years ago at home party, it felt like a match made in heaven. I’ve always been a creative person; I even had a career as a jewellery designer until my daughter was born. As much as I loved being a fulltime Mom to Sidney I needed a creative outlet and frankly banging on metal is too loud to do at naptime.

Scrapbooking is now my passion and my family is my inspiration. I love experimenting with new techniques and ideas. I've been lucky enough to be published a few times and have made some great friends all thanks to this hobby. I’m so excited to be on the design team at the Scrapping Turtle. I hope to get to know you all, inspire you a bit and have lots of fun!





No comments: