Monday, December 5, 2011

Design Team Monday!

It's a new week and a new month! 
Can you believe that December is here?!?! 
I am not a fan of winter but I am definitely looking forward to Christmas!!

A new month also means a new Product of the Month!

This month is all about the Ranger Accents - Glossy, Crackle & Enamel!  These fabulous products are perfect for adding finishing touches to your projects!  And for this month only, they are yours for $5.99 each.
_________________________

Michele

Well, you all know how fond I am of my precious Glossy Accent.... I'm so fond of it and I know how much it resists to heat, I use it for glue all the time!!! On top of incorporating it to all kinds of projects, as you have seen on my previous layouts; I love the stuff for its beautiful glass like effect. Oh JOY this month!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun making this layout and my TPC Studio - Memory Lane paper collection is perfect for the Glossy!!!!!

I'm in Heaven!! Now, this is for the patient scrapbooker because you need to apply the Glossy or the Crackled or the Enamel Accents and then LET DRY overnight. But the reward for your patience is a luxurious shiny texture on your papers, you can make your own fancy ornaments or use it directly on your background, it's really fun! If you apply it thick like I do (not so much with the Enamel that is more liquid, but with the Glossy and the Crackled Accents), you can minimize the wavyness of the paper when it dries by glueing cardstock leftovers behind your paper before applying the Accents. In other words: Double your base before applying the Accents in a thick coat. That's what I did here and see, it's not too wavy at all.

And you can do fine detail with it of course, do the little needle trick I showed you with using Stickles, the Glossy/Crackled/Enamel Accents are the same as Stickles in their application.



Paper: TPC Studio - Memory Lane paper collection, Bazzill & textured brown cardstock
Inks: Midnight Black Chalk ink
Other mediums: Glossy Accents for the title on top of the layout, the key ornament etc..), Crackle Accents for the clocks and black Enamel Accents around the background frame
Ornaments: TPC Studio - Memory Lane Sticker, brown lace, Prima flowers, eyelets, a punched in cork butterfly and one homemade Stickles ornament
__________________________________

Julie

I wanted to do a monochromatic layout with this line as my papers are quite pale. I started with white cardstock and spritzed it with blue homemade glimmer mist. Then I layered the papers, frame and snowflakes. I used the Glossy Accents Enamel on some of the snowflakes and also on the chipboard snowman. I also stamped some flourishes and used the enamel to outline those as well. I placed some blue cardstock circles under the letter stickers to make them standout a bit more.




Products used:
TPC paper and letter stickers (Winter Whites)
Glossy Accents, Glossy Accents Enamel (black and white)
Misc. snowflakes
Misc. chipboard snowman, pearls, white frame and blue and white cardstock
________________________________

Tracey

I have to say that these products are lots of fun to play with and add little finishing touches to your layouts. I had used Glossy Accents many times before but I had never used the other ones as yet.


Supplies:
TPC Studio - Let's Eat
Bazzill cardstock
QuicKutz fonts (Chicago, Moonlight)
Jillibean Soup corrugated heart & flowers
Glossy Accents
Crackle Accents
Enamel Accents
Chipboard Photo Turn
Flower brads
Border Punch - scallop

Crackle Accents - I took a chance and put some on this pie die cut and was very happy with the results. It is hard to see in the picture but it really gave it a realistic pie crust look.


Enamel Accents - I covered this photo turn with the white Enamel and love the glossy look it gave it.


Glossy Accents - These are a long-time fave of mine. I added some to the corrugated heart and the "Sweet" letters to give them a little extra pop.



I hope we have provided you with some inspiration!

No comments: