Monday, June 27, 2011

Design Team Monday!

We have a new challenge from our fantastic Design Team.  This week they are once again working from an inspiration picture.   I love seeing all of the different interpretations on this.


And here is what the team did from it........

Michele


Here is my layout. It's strange how people see things in a different way... With this inspiration picture, I saw a subject on the bottom right hand corner and it seemed to burst out towards the top left. DH and I were discussing this and he said he saw the opposite: A subject flying in from the sky and landing on the bottom right corner!!

The black and red really hit me with a Steampunk style, actually, that's the first thing I saw. So this is what came out of it.


The journaling: (I was inspired by Jenn's article on journaling!!)

Everyone adored her,
She was a young widower;
Aurore, my grand-mother.
She was a lady like no other.

She was patient, generous & kind;
A Saint in my mind.
Her kitchen was never too small
And she always stood tall.

Her heart was so big,
She was as sweet as a fig.
She's the one who raised me,
Part of my soul, she'll always be.

(And the part in white around the corner says: Here is my grand-mother when she was 20 years old, in 1923.)

Paper: Bo Bunny Timepiece collection, beige and brown cardstock.
Inks: Rangers Vintage Photo Distress ink, Cat's Eye chestnut roan chalk and pigment inks, Smooch and
Glimmer Mist alcohol inks. Brown pigment ink pen and white gel pen.
Ornaments: Bo Bunny Timepiece collection chipboard and trinket, Prima flower, beige and brown ribbons
and Harmony measuring tape ribbon, Tim Holtz metal sprockets and key, leaf pins, Maya Road kraft
envelope, brads and shrink plastic keyhole ornament.
Other: Stickles and Glossy Accents
Tools: I used a «Sprightly Sprocket» Spellbinder and a Tim Holtz «Timeworks» clock mask and a paper distresser.
____________________________________

Julie


Bo Bunny Chipboard accents
Misc letter stickers, gems and twine

This L/O is actually surprisingly simple....3 full circles layered, then one circle with the centre cut out to allow the base paper to show through giving the illusion of another circle. Then I just added the gems, the butterflies and the twine.
___________________________________

Cherie


Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Ad Lib
Letters: American Crafts & Doodlebug
DieCut: Jillibean Soup
Border Die Cut: Quickutz 
____________________________

Virginia


This image kind of reminded me of space which was perfect for the papers that I had this month but then for some reason the dots on the paper reminded me of a type of mask so I got this idea to use the negative sheet from a sheet of cardstock stickers as part of my background.

Supply list:
Bazzill metallic cardstock
Sticker sheet - Sassafrass Lass
Chipboard Embellishments - Bo Bunny Blast Off
Letter stickers - Basic Grey, American Crafts

No comments: